If you see the following message in your widget: "Your widget needs to be updated" or have been requested to re-auth, it means your access token to retrieve the photos from your Instagram or Twitter account has expired and needs to be refreshed. This should not happen often, and once it's been refreshed it should not happen again.
To refresh your token, follow these steps:
- Log in to your SnapWidget account here
- Navigate to the widget you need to re-auth by selecting it from your dashboard, or visiting the link in the email.
- Click on the Username field.
- For Instagram, choose either "Sign in with Instagram" or "Sign in with Facebook" depending on your type of account.
- Sign in with your account and choose the correct profile if required.
- Click on the Update & Get Widget to save
Here is a video showing how to re-auth if you have a personal account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY7skl1mFuo.
And for a business account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfB10-XFr4Q
All your widgets using that Instagram or Twitter account will now work correctly again. You don't have to update the code snippet on your site.
If you still see the "Your widget needs to be updated" message after following these steps, please try logging in to https://www.instagram.com and revoking access to SnapWidget under Authorized Applications - https://www.instagram.com/accounts/manage_access.
You can then follow the steps above to re-auth SnapWidget again.